Who doesn’t wants to earn some extra cash while spending using the credit card. In this article, we have reviewed in detail about the 6 best cashback credit cards in India.
1. Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card
Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card is the best cashback credit card in India for purchases at Supermarkets, Departmental Stores and at any vendor registered as grocery sellers.
Moreover, there is no annual fee and it can be easily waived off. Read more to know how.
All Salaried employees and Self-Employed are eligible to apply for this credit card. You need to provide your last month salary slip or last year tax filing return document or any other credit card statement for approval.
Read the full detailed review of Standard Chartered Manhattan Credit Card here
- Easily earn upto Rs.6000 cashback every year. This is a real cash back. Not a gift voucher. Pay credit card bills with it.
- 5% Cashback at supermarkets and department stores.
- 3X reward points on all other purchases.
- 20% Uber ride discount upto Rs 600 per month.
- Rs.2000 worth of BookMyShow gift voucher sent to you after the first transaction.
- 5% Cash Back at Chroma every Tuesday.
- 5% Cashback on Apple iPhone purchases
- 10% discount at Snapdeal on every Saturday
- More discounts at other retailers such as Tata CliQ etc.
- No annual fees, if you transact Rs, 10,000 minimum every month. They will not openly say this in the website but if you call the customer care they will waive off the fees.
- Joining Fee Rs.999, usually waived off, if you call the customer care after first transaction.
- No hidden charges or fees.
Benefits In Detail:
Earn upto 8000 reward points every year. These reward points are worth Rs 2650.
|Earn 5% cashback on every Rs. 150 spent at supermarkets and department stores up to a maximum of Rs. 500 per month. Max of Rs.150 per transaction). Minimum transaction of Rs. 1,000. Easily earn Rs. 6000 cash back every year from your grocery purchases alone(Rs.500 x 12 months = Rs.6000 cashback)|
|3X Reward Points:|
|Earn 3x reward points per Rs150 spent on other categories such as fuel, utility bills, shopping, restaurants, movie, railway bookings etc.|
|Earn Rs. 2000 in BookMyShow Voucher if you make the first transaction with your credit card in the first 90 days. You can use it to book movie tickets online.|
|Joining fees: Rs. 999 ( usually waived off if you call the customer care and request them, after making few transactions in the first month).|
|Renewal Fees: waived off on spending Rs. 1,20,000 a year or pay a small fee of Rs. 999.|
2. Citibank CashBack Credit Card
Citibank Credit Card (cashback credit card) is one of the best cashback credit cards in India.
It is a simple general purpose creditcard for the first time credit card buyers.
If you are looking to own multiple credit cards, one for each special purposes such as travel, leisure or shopping then skip this card.
Eligible to apply if you are a salaried employee. Easy approval if you already have a citibank salary account.
Highlights of Citibank Cashback Credit Card:
- Easily earn more than Rs.6000 in cashback every year
- 5% cashback on Movie tickets
- 5% cashback on Electricity bill payments
- 5% cashback on Telephone bill payment
- 0.5% cashback on all other purchases. No cap on the cashback earned
- 5% cashback on iPhone purchases
- Upto Rs. 10000 cashback on purchase of all other Apple products
- Cashback amount will be credited every month into the credit card account automatically
Added Benefits of Citibank Cashback Credit Card:
- Easy EMI option available on shopping bill above Rs.2500 at various outlets
- Instant online loan option available with no documentation.
- A lot a discounts available at MakeMyTrip.
- Annual Fee Rs.500
- Call customer care to check if they waive the fee
- No other hidden fees or charges
Cashback earned every month will be credited into the Cardholder’s Citibank Creditcard Account automatically when the cashback amount reaches Rs.500. You’ll see this reflected in your monthly statement. Hassle free cashback payment.
To get the 5% cashback on Electricity bill, the payment should be made using the Citibank credit card in Citi Bill Pay or Citibank Online Payments only.
Go for this Citibank Cashback credit card if you want a simple everyday use credit card that earns you a lot of cashback!
Here is why:
- You can easily earn Rs.500 or more in cashback every month, which is Rs.6000 annually (Rs.500 x 12 months = Rs.6000)
- One of the best cashback credit cards. There is no limit on the cashback earned, unlike other cards which have an annual cap limit
- Only card that provides best discounts to buy Apple products such as iPhone or MacBook(upto Rs.10,000 discount)
- Annual Fee is very small compared to other cards. It can be easily paid with just one month’s cash back amount.
- If you already have a Citibank salary account then buy this card. It will be easy to login and manage all your accounts with just one bank login.
If you already have a credit card and you are looking for a second credit card for special purpose such as travel, leisure or dining rewards, then this is not your credit card. This cashback credit card is for people who want to earn cashback when they spend using their credit card.
3. Standard Chartered SuperValue Titanium Credit Card
Standard Chartered SuperValue Titanium Credit Card is the best fuel credit card in India for car & bike owners.
You can earn Rs.200 in cashback every month from fuel purchases.
It is also the best bill-payment credit card. You can earn as much as Rs.300 per month in cashback.
It is also a great credit card for paying Utility Bills such as – electricity bill and telephone or internet bills.
“Only fuel credit card that gives you 5% cashback when you use it on any petrol station.”
The annual fee is Rs.750 but you can pay this amount back with just 1.5 month’s cashback money.
Eligibility: All salaried and self-employed with more than Rs.4 Lakhs in income are eligible to apply. If this is your second credit card, then show your previous credit card’s annual billing statement and you may get approved.
- You can easily earn Rs.500 per month or Rs.6000 in cashback every year. This is a real money you can use to pay your credit card bill.
- Earn 5% cashback on fuel spends across all fuel stations up to a maximum of INR 200 per month (max of INR 100 per transaction). Minimum transaction of INR 750.
- Earn 5% cashback on utility bill payments up to a maximum of INR 100 per month . Minimum transaction of INR 750.
- Earn 5% cashback on telephone bill payments up to a maximum of INR 200 per month (max of INR 100 per transaction). Minimum transaction of INR 750
- 20% Cashback on Uber rides upto Rs.600 per month.
- Get 1 reward point for every INR 150 when you use your credit card for all other expenses
- Enjoy 5x rewards for any spends in foreign countries and a complimentary Priority Pass allowing access to 1000+ airport lounges worldwide with one free usage per month
Annual Fee: Rs. 750( Premium clients holding the Premium Super Value Titanium card will not be charged annual fees.)
4. HDFC Bharat Credit Card
HDFC Bharat Credit Card is a simple credit card for everyday purchases such as grocery, utility bill payments, mobile recharge, and IRCTC train booking.
HDFC Bharat Credit Card can easily earn you Rs.3000 in cashback every year.
The annual fee for this credit card is very low, just Rs.500.
Read the detailed review of HDFC Bharat Credit Card here
All salaried employees with 2 Lakhs annual salary or self-employed with 2 Lakhs annual income are eligible to apply. If you have a salary account with HDFC Bank then you’ll easily get approved. But even otherwise, you can apply for the credit card.
Highlights of HDFC Bharat Credit Card
- 5% Cashback on rail bookings through IRCTC Website or mobile app
- 5% cashback on fuel spends
- 5% cashback on bill payments and mobile recharge
- max cashback of Rs.150 per month on the above 3 categories.
- 5% cashback on EasyEMI, PayZapp and SmartBUY transactions (max Rs.150 cashback per month)
- 1% Fuel surcharge waived
- zero liability on lost credit card
- 50 days of interst free period
Annual Fee: Rs.500 (waived on annual spends of Rs.20,000 or more)
Recommended: Highly recommended for first time credit card buyers. No other credit card from HDFC or ICICI or SBI or Citibank has this low annual fees and annual spending requirements( Just spend Rs,20,000 annually using the card and pay no fees).
5. American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card is the best credit card in India for online shopping because you can earn tons of reward points using this credit card, when compared to any other shopping credit cards in India.
Even though you earn rewards, there is an option to convert the rewards into cashback at the end of the year.
You can earn 1 reward point for every Rs 50 you spend with American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card. Most other credit cards I have seen, gives 1X reward points for every Rs.150 spent on all categories.
So effectively, you can earn 3 times more reward points using theAmerican Express Membership Rewards Credit Card, compared to any other credit cards in India.
Bonus Reward Points
Just use this credit card to pay Rs.1,000 or more 4 times a month and you’ll earn 1000 Bonus Points(equivalent to Rs.420 in cashback).
American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card provides the best rewards conversion ratio when you convert reward points to cash or Amazon gift card.
1 American Express Reward Point = 42 paise in cashback or 46 paise in Amazon Money.
How to Redeem Rewards
After you earn 18,000 reward points, you can redeem the reward points for Rs.7500 in cashback or buy any gift items online. After you earn 24,000 reward points, you can redeem the rewards points for Rs. 10,000 in cashback or Rs, 11,000 in Amazon Money or buy any gift items online.
Read the full detailed review of American Express Membership Rewards Credit Card here
Comparison with other Credit Cards in India
Most rewards credit cards offer very low conversion ratio when you convert reward points to real money. Even Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card gives just 30 paise for each reward point earned.
All salaried and self-employed are eligible to apply for this credit card. Easily approved if you already have some other credit card.
Earn 1 Membership Rewards Point for every Rs. 50 spent, except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Withdrawal Transactions.
- Each reward point is worth 42 paise in cashback. or 46 paise of Amazon Money. This is much better than any other credit card I have reviewed so far.
- Earn 1,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for simply using your Card 4 times on transactions of Rs. 1,000 and above every month
Yes there is an annual fee that can be easily waived off. Read the details. Don’t be fooled by Indian Banks that offer low fee or no fee credit cards and in return you get tiny rewards. Think smart. To earn more rewards and cashback, you need to take some risk like paying some small fee or willing to call the customer care to waive the annual fee. Read more…
- First Year fee : Rs. 1,000 plus applicable taxes. Second Year onwards : Rs. 4,500 plus applicable taxes. If you are not happy with the credit card for any reason, you can cancel the credit card the 2nd year.
- Annual Fee is waived: If you spend Rs. 1,50,000 annual (Rs. 12,000 monthly); else 50% of the annual fee waived off, if total spends on American Express Credit Card in the preceding membership year is INR 90,000.
- Even otherwise, Call the customer care and request them. Your annual fee will be usually waived off completely. This method works for me 100% of the time.